Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Living Healthy in 2017

Hey guys!

During the last few months of 2016 I was going through a lot emotionally and mentally. Therefore, I decided to give myself a fresh start in 2017...
I got two of my best friends to join me in a 20 Day Cleanse, very similar to a 40 Day Cleanse I wrote about previously almost two years ago (post found here). With the 20 Day Cleanse I set 5 personal goals, changed my diet and created a work-out regime.

I thought it was a great idea mostly because scientist say it takes about 19 days to form a habit. My hope was for after the cleanse was complete I'd be more likely to live a healthier lifestyle on the day to day.

Most of my goals were creativity oriented:
  1. Photograph more
  2. Finish editing a film piece
  3. Create three blog post
  4. Finish a book
  5. Find a full-time job
I'm happy to say I completed all of my goals. However, the full-time job part was tricky, and though I did not find actual full-time employment, I decided to increase my freelance work hours.

My diet consisted of the below:
  • No meat or dairy
  • No processed foods
  • No fried food
  • No candy/chocolate
  • No juices (water only)
  • No alcohol
To be honest, my favorite part of the cleanse was the diet change. I decided to go Vegan because A) I was curious to see how it would effect my mood and sense of self. B) Over the past few months I've found red meat and chicken to become more repulsive. And C) I really want a shredded six pack and Michelle Obama arms, and just eating fruits and vegetables makes it easier to lose fat and tone muscle.

As for the fitness portion, I just worked out 5x a week minimum. I watched a lot of Pop Sugar work-out videos and biked and ran as much as I could.

The cleanse ended a few days ago but the first thing I decided to do once it over was to EXTEND IT. I wanted give myself an opportunity to push myself further.

As an overview, I craved bread, cookies, and Popeyes A LOT (I even had chicken the day before the cleanse ended but HATED IT). I lost about 10 pounds, got a smaller belly, but also a smaller booty which I am not happy about. I didn't get my abs, but I'm still working on it and am getting pretty close. Also, going vegan didn't really change much, but definitely made it easier to lose weight. All in all, I don't think I will give up meat full-time, but I will be cutting down. Also, going forward I will continue to eat healthy, maintain a low alcohol intake but will spoil myself time to time.

Once I'm completely done with the extended cleanse (which goes til' the end of the month) and feel confident enough in my body transformation, I will post before and after pictures.

Anyway, I hope you guys are having a fantastic New Year so far! 

Do you have any resolutions or goals for 2017? Would you be down to do a cleanse? Let me know! I'm dying to hear from you guys.

Speak with ya'll soon!

XOXO,
Chante